Monday, January 14, 2008

Blogroll Update

A big hello to any of those who are arriving here via the IAJE blog panel and related entries and links. In turn, I have updated the sidebar to reflect many of those new connections, and connections I should have made long ago.

- Howard Mandel, the fantastic author, DownBeat correspondent and burgeoning blogger.
- David R. Adler, co-panelist, jazzbo & politico now living in Philly, whom I met at the Vision Fest this past summer.
- James Hale, who interviewed me at the Kenny Barron master class last year in Ottawa, and whom I've long-regarded as the best advocate of Canadian jazz in the international press.
- Matthew Wengerd, bassist/composer/blogger. I hope to have more interaction with him in the future, and I will certainly check out his music in short order.
- Shannon Butcher, a singer with whom I crossed paths quite frequently at IAJE, though I'm nearly positive we must have met at the Rex when I was jamming there as a kid.
- Amy Cervini, singer/manager, someone I should have met a long time ago but somehow never did.
- Kelly Fenton, composer and coffee lover. Large ensembles and caffeine - a woman after my own heart! I've often been tempted to use the Sibelius graphic of coffee-stained paper, just for continuity's sake with my own notebooks.
- Greg Dudzienski, saxophonist and blogging newbie, but from what he's got so far looks to be a promising contributor.

2 comments:

D0nnaTr0y said...

Heh, I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I used to use the coffee stained paper in Sibelius!

(Thanks for the shout-out!)

Gregory Dudzienski said...

I dug the panel. Thanks for the link...
As a Finale user I feel very left out of the conversation
:(