- April 11, 2008: My old friend Ronley Teper returns to Barfly (4062 St. Laurent) with her witty cabaret folk songs and perhaps sock puppets as well. I might play on a few tunes.
- April 12, 2008: The Red Bull Music Academy information session at Jello Bar (151 Ontario E.) with hometown boy A-Trak dropping knowledge among the masses. Prospective DJs, producers, musicians, vocalists and MCs that want a shot at two weeks of musical paradise in Barcelona should get in touch with Scott C.
- April 14, 2008: Kids Eat Crayons @ Quai des Brumes (4481 St. Denis). An intimate get-together with your favourite genre-busting jazz/metal freaks 'n' geeks.
- April 15, 2008: Stephen Johnston Group @ Jello Bar. 2 sets of R&B, reggae, jazz and pop.
- April 17, 2008: Vocalist Julie-Claire Carter presents her final bachelor's recital at Tanna Schulich Hall (527 Sherbrooke W.). She's chosen some interesting tunes, and it's a great , swinging band. Philippe Bouffard - tenor; Dave Goulet - guitar; Nic Bédard - bass; Karl Schwonik - drums.
- April 26, 2008: I couldn't in good conscience not be part of an Andrew D'Angelo benefit concert. Anna Webber came up with the idea first. We're hosting a show at La Brique (6545 Durocher, #402) with Anna's new quartet, Indigone Trio, The Youjsh, and Gordon Allen. $10 at the door, all proceeds go to Andrew. We have limited copies of his new CD for sale as well (thanks to Skirl Records).
- April 30, 2008: KEC @ La Sala Rossa. We're opening for the multi-talented transplanted Icelandic singer-songwriter Nista (aka Stina Agust). It'll be a fun night!
There's some more big news on the way but it'll have to stay under wraps for now.